What You’ll Need:
Grinder or Food Processor
1 Kilo of organic brown rice
4 Cups of Water
1 Cup shelled pistachios
4 Tablespoons sunflower seeds, flax, chia or sesame seeds
For this recipe you need to prepare a cooked brown rice first. If you don’t cook brown rice,
Or struggle to cook it, I have made a step by step guide on how to do it as well
Go this page: http://pachi.com/how-to-cook-brown-rice/
The first step that we are going to do is make a masa from the rice.
With your brown rice ready, add in a third of a cup of Flax and pistachios then mix them all together.
The rice tends to be super sticky sometimes so a useful tip is get a bowl water, and then just dip your fingers so that when you touch it won’t be that sticky.
After mixing, it’s now time to put all of them into the grinder. This can also be done in a food processor. Add in a little bit of water to the mix so that it won’t get stuck.
Now you have your masa!
Take a piece from that masa, and turn it into a ball. If your hands get a little sticky, just add some water to the ball that you’re forming but not to much.
Next step is we are going to make the ball flat.
To do this, place the ball on a flat surface but before doing that, prepare a plastic bag or wrap and lay it on the surface, and then put the masa on top of it. You’ll also need to place a plastic bag or wrap on top of the masa ball.
Grab a pan and then, squish the masa hard.
and, we are going to place it on the plastic wrap at either plastic bag or plastic wrap on top… we’re gonna add plastic bag and then, squish it with a really strong with a heavy pan or a heavy cup.
Once you have your masa squished, on thin-ness you like, then you can cut it with a circle cutter and remove excess dough or massa to make an arepa.
Now it’s ready for the oven!
Grab a pan and a spray a little bit olive oil in it and bake for a couple of minutes!
Another tip, I like to serve my Arepas with a slice of farmer’s cheese on top. You’ll notice that we did not use any salt for this recipe. This is because the cheese and the pistachios is already season with salt.
Hi! This is Pachi the Colombian cook and today I’m going to show you how to make Brown Rice Arepas with Flax and Pistachios
- 1 cup garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- 2 scallions, green part too, optional
- 1. Place lentils and carrots in the bottom of the pot. Cover with 4 cups of water or enough water to cover and go ½ inch above the lentils.
- 2. Place the rack or the steaming platter over the lentils. Add all the rest of the ingredients except salt on this rack or plate. Close the steam pressure cooker and cook for 8 minutes in medium. Allow the cooker to rest 8 minutes more, closed, and it will let out most of the steam slowly this is called the warm stage.
- 3. Remove the vegetables on the steam rack and transfer them to a blender container. Also, remove the carrot from within the lentils and transfer them to the blender with 1 cup of liquid and 1/2 cup of lentils. Add the salt now to the blender too. Blend to puree.
- 4. Transfer back to the pot, mix and serve.
- To make a paste or sauce (and to hide the veggies from the kids!), put the vegetables in a blender and blend with some of the lentils.
- If you want a protein-packed, fiber-rich dish, a vegetarian or someone starting a healthy eating habit, then start cooking lentils! You can have it with some rice or salad, and I promise you’ll say you’ve never had lentils this good!