10 Biscuits de 2″
The best biscuits in the world. You could add some chocolate chips, blueberries, dried cranberries, or white raisins to create a variety of biscuits for a brunch or breakfast buffet. For the home, freeze the biscuits right after they come out of the oven. Then defrost overnight and reheat in a toaster oven.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and sliced
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried or granulated instant coffee
- Butter and jam or dulce de leche for spreading
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Butter and flour an 8-inch cake pan.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Mix for 5 seconds.
- Add the butter pieces and process to fine crumbs, about 15 seconds.
- Mix the cream and coffee and pour into the processor. Mix until it forms a dough and separates from the sides of the processor, about 15 seconds.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place 1/3-cup scoops of the dough in the pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with butter and jam or dulce de leche.